Thursday, September 29, 2005

Much to Update on

Okay where to start...
Well, Tuesday morning I got work up at 4:20 by the sound of a ringing phone. That would be 4:20 a.m. not 4:20 p.m. So I tried to get up to get it but the hubby beat me to it. Mostly because we couldn't tell where the phone was at. So he picks it up and starts talking away. I eventually figured out that it was Michelle. So I was trying to get him to hurry up so that I could talk to her. Well, finally he says "Well, she is still asleep." What? I am not asleep. So he hands the phone to me and Michelle says "Hello" We talk for a little bit about how she is doing and then she tells me "Hey I just wanted to tell you Happy Birthday in case I don't get a chance to call you on Monday." So I tell her happy birthday as well. She said she might not be able to call because she is going out on a mission that could take them up to 10 days to complete. It will also take them through a very bad part of the country, which I am not going to say because I am not sure if I am allowed to say. So please just pray for her and the rest of her unit. If you didn't already hear about it. A couple of weeks ago when she went back out on the road for the second time, they were travelling with another unit. The truck behind them, which was carrying members from another unit, hit and VBIED and it killed on of the soldiers in the truck. I am sure that had to have been hard for Michelle and probably brought back alot of memories, but she is still "truckin'" along (no pun intended). Michelle actually sounded really good on the phone. She said that they had an awards ceremony on Monday evening (our time) and said that she got pinned. I asked her what went on and she explained the following:

She said that a four star general came and pinned her with her purple heart and that she recieved a couple of coins from other commanders and generals. She said that it was kind of a bittersweet thing because she realized what happened in order for her to recieve that purple heart. She said she would have rather given the purple heart back in order to have Gavin back. She said that she was also embarrased the whole day because the generals and everyone made her walk around with them all day. Then when it was time to eat lunch they made her go to lunch with them. She said she just wanted to eat her lunch at the end of the table, by herself, no conversation, and get up and leave, but instead they made her sit in between them and she had to talk to them forever and she said it just really embarrased her. I told her it was all a small price to pay for being pinned with such a special award. I also told her that Gavin would have been proud of her and that she just needed to remember that she got her purple heart because Gavin protected her. She seemed to feel a little bit better about the whole thing.

I am so proud of this girl. She has been through a lot and just keeps on going. She had to option of doing office work for the rest of the time she is over there and she chose to go back out on the road. It just amazes me how much ambition this girl has. I am proud to call her my sister. If you get a chance go over to her site and send her well wishes. Also, if you remember, go there on Monday and wish her a Happy 21st Birthday! Yep that's right people, me and my sister share a birthday. We were born on October 3rd. Only we were born two years apart. So if you remember stop by her site on Monday and wish her a happy birthday.

Okay what else...

Oh yes, yesterday I talked with my older sister Amber. She had a doctors appointment yesterday and found out that her actually due date it February 28th. Apparently they know what the sex of the baby is. Well, correction, Amber didn't want to know so the doctor only gave her ultrasound pics of the head and feet and stuff like that. Her hubby wants to know what it is, so the doctor gave Amber and sealed envelope that contains the ultrasound picture that shows the sex of the baby. Now I am just praying that her hubby can keep his mouth shut until after the baby is born. I don't want to know what it is as does the rest of the family. That is mostly why Amber doesn't want to know because she knows that she wouldn't be able to keep a secret long enough. I am kind of leaning towards it being a boy but, who knows, i have been wrong before. Although when Amber was pregnant with Alexis I kind of had a feeling that she was having a girl. Mostly because i could come up with a bunch of girl names and no boy names. This time it is the opposite. I can come up with boy names but not any girl names. I came up with the name Emerson Brian if she has a boy. We will see if she uses it or not. So let's just hope that Alexis gets the brother that she has been asking for and that Amber's hubby can keep his mouth shut until the baby pops out!

Yesterday, being my only day off, I planned to relax and do nothing for the whole day. Well, that didn't quite happen. I spent most of my day worrying about my kitten. Tuesday night when I came home, I noticed that Gracie's right eye (if you are looking from behind her) was swollen. I had made a vet appointment for today at the Airway Animal Clinic a couple of days ago and was just planning on waiting until Friday to take her to see a vet. Well, yesterday when I woke up, her eye was looking real bad. So the hubby decided that we should make a vet appointment for yesterday for her and just cancel the one for Friday(which reminds me that I forgot to do that). So we made an appointment for Gracie at the Piqua Animal Hospital. So my husband didn't have to be at work until late in the afternoon and because of certain circumstances, he decided to take the cat to the vet. Which I am glad that I didn't go. The poor kitty had to have to temperature taken in a place where no one likes to have their temperature taken. She had to have blood drawn to check for Feline Leukemia (which she doesn't have). She had to have saline solution sprayed into her eye and medicane gunk put into her eye which she didn't like either. So the verdict was exactly what I thought it was. My little miss Gracie has kitty pink eye. Now don't start freakin' out. It isn't contagious. Her eye looks a lot better today since she has had two doses of the medication. The hubby won't put the stuff in her eye because you have to take this tube that look like an Orajel tube (with the little needle thing on the end) and stick it up inbetween her eye lid and eye ball. She sqwirms when you do this and cries. It is so sad. But it has to be doen in order for her to get better. Then starting today at 6:00 p.m she has to have .25 mL of medication given to her orally. I don't know how she will take that but the hubby gets to do that one since I will be at work and the doc said not to start until 6:00 p.m today. She has to have that done twice a day, so I will probably give her the next dose before I go to bed. So the kitty had a rough day yesterday and I was stressed out waiting for a phone call from the hubby to find out what was wrong with Gracie. In 4 weeks I have to make an appointment to get her vaccinations done. Oh what fun. This time I will be present for the needle sticking. So just pray for little Gracie, that she will get over her pink eye soon. The good thing is she is a little more active now. When we first got her she would play and run and eat all the time. But for the past four days she would barely eat, she would drink fine, she quit playing and she would just lay around and sleep all day. Now that she has been to the vet she is a little more playful (not quite back to her normal self) and she is eating a little more. So I feel better now.

Well, now that I have completely bored you all, I am going to get going. This post is getting too long. I will post some pics later. But for now I must leave. I got two more days of work (today and tomorrow) and then I am on vacation until next Thursday! Yes, you read that right. I work today and tomorrow and then I have Saturday, Sunday, Monday (Me and Michelle's birthday), Tuesday and Wednesday OFF! THANK FREAKIN' GOD! That place is starting to drive me nuts! So I will post pics later. Until then... have a wonderful Thursday!