Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I know...I KNOW!

I haven't posted in a while. I haven't really had time. Hubby started school today (YEAH!). Seriously it feels like sending a kid off to school after having them running around the house all summer. I am sad that he isn't going to be home as much and that i am barely going to see him but, i am glad that he isn't going to be spending hours and hours in front of the computer everyday!

I am getting ready to go pick up my niece. Since i don't have to work today or tomorrow, my niece is coming to stay the night with me. I will take some pictures and post them up here to show you all how our time went. She has been begging her mom to come and stay with me for weeks and this week I finally got a chance to have her over. She was so excited that she called my mom and had to tell her all about it. I can't wait to have the little booger over, i miss her soooooo much.

In exciting news..... I was cleaning out the fish tank today (I know doesn't sound exciting but hold on). I took everything out of it in order to really clean it. I stressed the fish out a little but they will be okay. One fish got stressed out more then the rest of them. As I was putting all the plants back into the tank I felt water hit me in the nose. I didn't really think anything about it until i noticed that there were only 7 fish in the tank. where was the 8th one? I thought maybe he had got squashed by some of the plants that i had thrown in there. So I took everything out...no Rasbora. Then i realized that that water that had hit me in the nose early did seem a little hard. So i start freaking out!!! What if the fish jumped out of the fish tank? Can Rasbora's even do that? OH MY GOD it has been like 3 minutes. Do you think he would still be alive? Holy hell...what if he is dead? Where did he go?

So I start searching the floor and surely enough there he was flipping around underneath a piece of paper that had fallen on the floor. So i pick him up and just throw him back in the tank.....please still be alive....please still be alive.....oh my gosh he's got fuzz from the carpet on him. So i take him out and put him in the little reserve tank and get the fuzz off of him and stick him back in the big tank. Where so far, so good. He is still alive. He is actually acting like nothing ever happened to him. I just hope I don't wake up to find him dead! I was seriously freaking out about it. He freaking could have died! I will give everyone an update on him later and let you know how he is doing!

In other news... head over to Thunder 6's site. His site is titled 365 and a Wake Up. This guy is currently serving in Iraq and I have been reading his blog for some time now. We got really freaked out when he didn't post for like a month. But anyways, this guy is an excellent writer. His blogs are always good. I don't think I have ever read a bad one. On September 3rd he posted a really excellent post about a Roadblock. It really makes you understand that not every Iraqi thinks that us American's are mean and evil. There are actually some Iraqi's who would risk getting in trouble with the AIF (Anti-Iraqi Forces) in order to save our soldiers from death. When I read this post I was just blown away by what this community did to keep Thunder 6 and the rest of his unit from getting killed! Hopefully they didn't get in too much trouble. So go over and check out this post. It will warm your heart to read about Iraqi's working together to help protect our soldiers!

So that is all for today. Know that everything is well here. I haven't heard from Michelle since my last phone conversation but I am sure that she is doing just fine. I am trying to stay positive about everything and not worry about her too much. I just pray for her every night because I have realized that only God can watch over her. There is nothing that I can do that is going to keep her from getting hurt or not getting hurt. The only thing that I can do is send up a prayer for her and just keep trusting that she knows what she is doing and that she will be JUST FINE!! I am so freaking proud of her! Just pray for her as well!