Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I've been tagged

and didn't know it! Guess that is what i get for being away for a couple of days! But I will catch up now!

So I guess I am suppose to talk about where i was 10, 5, and 1 year ago, and yesterday. I am also suppose to talk about my likes and dislikes. So here I go...

10 years ago- I was 12 years old. I don't really remember much about being 12 except for that i was in the 6th or 7th grade. I had just started Junior High at a new school where i still didn't know very many people even though I had been going there for two years. That is about all I remember about being 12.

5 years ago- I was 17 years old and working at a pizza place in my hometown of Pleasant Hill called Bears Pizza. I was thinking about starting college but not really sure where. I had plans of going to Pensacola Christian College in Pensacola Florida (we all see how far I got on that). I ended up going to Edison State Community College in Piqua, Ohio.

1 year ago- I was sitting in shock as my little sister told our whole family that she was getting deployed to Iraq! I had just gotten married about three months prior to this and thought that my sister was never going to get deployed. I still remember that day very vividly. We were camping with my parents and my sister pulls into the campsite, she looks like she has just been in an accident or something because she has this terrorstricken look on her face. We ask her whats wrong and she just says "I got my orders today!" My heart sinks! I really didn't know what that meant but i was sure that it couldn't be good. We ask her what it means and she tells us that she just got orders to go to Iraq. GULP! Not my sister, no friggen way! There were a lot of tears but, we knew that that is what she signed up to do. Man I miss that girl! Can't wait until she comes home in November.

Sorry about the sentimental rant there. You can thank A Military Mom for taggin me (and not telling me about it!)

yesterday- I was well... read my other post! I had the day off, played a computer game for 8 hours (not straight, in 4 hour incriments). I went and got Greek food with the hubby before he went to work. Watched Inside 9/11 (did anyone else watch that, I thought it was very good)! Worked on my Sunday School lesson for next Sunday. Worked on my Sunday School lesson for when I start teaching the 3rd and 4th graders in two weeks! And that was pretty much it!

5 snacks i enjoy- chili cheese Fritos, Take 5 candy bar, popcorn, bananas, cold pizza, and anything chocolate

5 Songs I know all the words to- Amazing Grace, Pray- Rebecca St. James, Agnus Dei- Third Day, Hungry- Joy Williams, Held- Natalie Grant

5 things I would do with $100 million- buy a house, buy a new car, buy my parents a new house, take a trip to New Zealand and to Ireland, and quit my job

5 places I would run away to- this one is way too easy... New Zealand, Ireland, Hawaii, Italy and Spain

5 Favorite TV Shows- 7th Heaven, West Wing, CSI (the original not Miami or NYC), Newlyweds (dumb but funny to see how people can be sooo stupid and not notice it) and Survivor (yes, i am into reality shows).

5 things I'd never wear- anything that showed my stomach, a kilt, knights armour, pants that showed my butt crack, and bright colored pants

5 biggest joys- michelle graduating basic training, my wedding day, my niece being born, my computer, my radio and my camera (I know that is 6 but i didn't know which to put)

5 people I tag this to- Assumption of Command (since he is already doing lists of things), Some Soldiers Mom (because I haven't heard from her in a while), Erik Holtan (because it wouldn't be fun unless I did), Michelle (because i know she is bored) and Keep My Soldier Safe (also because I haven't heard anything in a while from them)

So there you go! have a nice day!