Monday, August 15, 2005

Birthday's, babies, and dark chocolate m&m's

Yep, it's monday and I know i haven't posted in a while. Been very busy the past couple of days. But it has been fun.

We had Saije's 5th birthday party Sunday. Which was great because i got to hold the cutest set of twins ever. They are only two weeks old. Here is the birthday boy holding them!

Here is me holding Tierra, she is the smallest of the two. She weighs about 4 lbs.

Here is her sister Sierra, she is the biggest and weighs about 6 lbs.

They belong to this girl, Leslie. I tried to steal Tierra but Leslie would have none of that.

So I spent yesterday hanging out with my husband's family. It was fun. There were a lot of people at the birthday party. It was a little to crowded for me but it was still fun.

I got the best surprise on Saturday! I was getting ready to leave for work and I decided that I would stop and check the mail. We hadn't checked it in a couple of days so I figured that it would be stuffed full of crappy junk mail, which is what we usually get. However when i opened the mailbox I found this....

What was inside it you ask? Well this is what was inside of it...

And this is where their temporary home is because my husband and I will probably end up eating all of the Dark Chocolate M&M's within a week or two.

If you are wondering who they are from, they are from the wonderful FCC@V. She is Mustang 23's girlfriend, and quite possibly the most wonderful person I know. She definetly moved up on my list of favorite people after I recived that box on Saturday. I really actually didn't expect her to send them. However I got a letter from her on Thursday saying to keep an eye on the mail because she had sent a box my way. I was very plesantly surprised to get that in the mail Saturday. It didn't take very long for it it get to me at all.

So I just want to say thank you to FCC@V for being so kind and thoughtful and sending those Dark Chocolate M&M's my way my husband was getting kind of annoying with they 500 questions about why we couldn't just keep the ones that she sent to me to send to my sister.

I went to church again this Sunday and enjoyed it. I am going to be helping with an A.W.A.N.A.S class on Wednesday nights starting in September. I am not sure which grade level I will be teaching. Then I will be teaching the 3rd and 4th grade Sunday School class starting the first week of September. So yeah, you guys might not hear much from me on Wednesdays and Sundays starting in September. I will be one busy bee. Considering it is a 45 minute drive to my church i won't really have much time to blog on those two days. I don't blog much on Sunday because i go to church in the morning and then leave church, go to my parents house (they live 5 minutes from the church), change close, and go to work (which is 10 minutes from my parents house). So that is why I usually don't post on Sunday's. But I am really excited about getting back to teaching a Sunday School class. Two years ago I was teaching the 3 and 4 year old's. So while this will be a new age group for me, it will still be fun and I am definetly benefitting from getting back into going to church on Sunday's. I have missed it soooo much. I feel a lot better since I have started going back to church. My whole mood and attitude towards everything has changed. I don't really know why I stopped going in the first place. But I am glad to be getting back to it. I actually got up at 5 a.m. this sunday and therefore, made it to Sunday School! That was a big surprise to my mom who had no idea that i was even planning on coming to church this Sunday. Anyways, everyone there is glad to have me back. I have been going to that church since i was born. It is nice to be back. They are like my extended family.

Also my husband got a new hard drive for the computer. So now i do not have to wear the batteries out on my camera by trying to download pictures. All I have to do is take the memory card out, plug it into the hard drive and i am finished. I LOVE THIS THING!

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. I hope i didn't bore you to death. I must be going now. Today is the only full day that me and the hubby have off together without having to be anywhere. We had the day off together yesterday (actually I called in) but we had the birthday party to go to. So today it is just me and him. He was supposed to take his sister to the doctors but his dad decided that he would take her. So me and the hubby went and go some Greek food. It was yummy. I love homemade hummus. So yeah, it has been a nice day so far. I will write more tomorrow! Have a wonderful day everyone!

~April~

Just to add- here is a picture of me that my husband took this morning (he was being annoying)

and here is a picture of me bloggin away (I figured out how to use the timer on the camera, I am so proud of myself)!
Okay I really got to go. I got laundry to finish and house to clean! Talk to you all later! Oh and don't ask why the time stamp on the photos says the 17th. My camera is dumb!