Friday, July 29, 2005

My sister

Okay,
for those of you who don't know my sister is SPC. Michelle E. Pfister (told you i occasionally get your rank right Michelle)! Anyways, she is 20, almost 21, and is currently serving over in Iraq. Which kinda sucks but I am proud of her for taking on such a big responsibility. I know i couldn't have done it. She has been through a lot there. Including the loss of her fellow soldier, friend and brother SPC. Gavin J. Colburn. For further reading on that check out what Mustang 23 had to say about it here. But anyways...on with the post.

So my sister is serving in Iraq. She has less then 100 days until she is done. I just pray that she focuses on the job that she has left to do and not on the fact that she is coming home. I know she wants to come home so bad but she just needs to focus on getting her job done so she can get the hell out of there. In her down time she can think about coming home all she wants but when she is working she needs to think about work. Rant...done!

So Michelle and I are pretty close. We were both born on October 3rd. However I was born in 1982 and she was born in 1984. We shared a room for about 13 or so years. You learn a lot about a person from sharing a room with them for that long. I remember getting in trouble all the time (and i mean all the time, we never listen) for being to loud because we would stay up late a night just talking about anything and laugh real loud and not even think about the fact that everyone else was trying to sleep. I remember when we lived in Bradford, we had bunk beds, and i would sleep on the top, michelle was on the bottom, but for some reason we would never stay there. By morning one of us would be in the other one's bed. It was much easier to talk that way! Or even when we moved to Pleasant Hill and we would go to bed around 9 but we would be up real late playing Playstation (with the sound off of course) until like midnight. We loved to play racing games together. Although Michelle would always win! I still think that she had figured out a way to cheat. I remember when I was about 12 and she was 10. My dad had built a go-kart. I managed to run it into a tree and them Michelle, i think she was sympathizing with me, managed to somehow run it into the jungle gym.

hey michelle remember the Snoopy table set we got for our birthday when you were like 6 and I was 8? Remember trying to play doctor and we used that as the operating table? Then remember how crushed we were when it broke. Like we didn't see that coming. that thing was made out of the cheapest parts possible, I think. I miss the Snoopy table and the Woodstock, Linus, Lucy and Charlie Brown chairs :(

However we didn't always get along. Sharing the same birthday and being exactly two years apart comes with it's ups and downs. I remember when mom was working and I had to cook supper and I asked Michelle to peel potatoes or something. Something happened and we got into an argument and she threw the potato peeler at me. Which preceeded in us running around the house trying to catch eachother so we could pound the crap out of one another. I don't remember if we ever actually caught eachother or if mom walked through the door first. But all i remember is that we spent a lot of time fighting with eachother over one thing or another. 90% of the time it was over stupid stuff. I remember when i was like big into 90210 (wow, there's a flashback) and I had a poster of all the people from 90210 and Michelle got pissed at me for something and poked a hole in it. Boy was I pissed. I don't remember what I did in return but it wasn't good I am sure. We would mostly fight when we had to clean our room and we would just pick up our own stuff. There was no helping the other person, because mom gave you time limits. Well, we would spend most of the time piling stuff up on the other person's side of the room. Yes, there was a time when we actually divided the room into halves. And the doorway was divided in half. And you had to stay on your side of the room. Lest you get the crap beat out of you!

But we weren't always horrible to eachother. A little sibling rivalary is good every now and then. I still remember a couple of years ago Michelle came home with a hamster and tried to hide it from mom and dad (what was his name michelle? I think you named it after someone off of Lord of the Rings?) Anyways, my mom's rule was no more pets in the house! This was after Michelle had finished Basic and A.I.T and we had put our dog, Peaches, to sleep after we had had her for like 8 years. Anyways, Amber and Michelle went to Wal-Mart, mind you Amber didn't live at home at the time and still doesn't, and Michelle had bought a hamster. I had been at work or something. Mom and Dad were out of town. Anyways, I get home from work and Michelle walks through the door with a Hamster! Holy shit, i knew that we were all going to die from this. Anyways, michelle figured she could safely hide the hamster in her room and mom would never notice (yeah right, does anyone else see where this is going? I mean seriously, pets, i don't care what kind, smell!) So anyways, mom and dad come home, they are home for about 7 hours or so (surprised it was that long) Mom goes upstairs and the next thing I hear is "APRIL!!!!!!" WTF? So I go upstairs and my mom is like "why does michelle have a hamster?" I don't know! "Why did you let her get a hamster?" Wait a minute, I had nothing to do with this! So yeah, michelle ended up getting in trouble. She got to keep the hamster! Until she got ready to go to Iraq, then it was bye bye hamster. We ended up selling it to some kid.

Hey michelle, remember when you, me and Dad made a leash for your hamster and et it walk around the garage? Okay everyone don't call PETA. We didn't harm it in anyway!

So yeah, that brings up to Michelle getting ready to sign up for the Army. I will post more about that later! Stay tuned for My Sister Part II!

Michelle if you have anything to add go ahead and post it. I am just feeling sentimental today! I will post more later!